Are you really teaching D&T? 29-06-2021
This CPD training is for all Primary teachers to build skills, confidence and knowledge in the implementation of the Primary D&T Curriculum.
Delivered by: Bolton Playing for Success in response to requests from Primary teachers.
The programme will include:
- Dispelling myths about the Primary D&T Curriculum
- Developing a clear understanding of what D&T should look like
- Sharing examples of long-term planning and progression
- Models for evaluation, assessment, and recording
- Developing understanding of structures and mechanisms
- The chance to create models and examples to support teaching of D&T in your setting
The practical session will include an introduction to simple hand tools and materials appropriate to the Primary classroom. Mechanisms explored will include sliders, hinges, levers and linkages, cranks, cams, pulleys and gears, hydraulics, and pneumatics.