Mindfulness – An introduction for teachers
This CPD training is for all who work in Primary settings to develop an understanding of how Mindfulness can increase happiness and well being as well as raise standards and improve teaching and learning
Delivered by: Bolton Playing for Success facilitator accredited the Youth Mindfulness programme, SOMA Teen and Family Mindfulness.
The programme will include:
- An introduction to Mindfulness and it’s foundations in neuroscience
- Practical ideas to cultivate a Mindful classroom
- Advice on the useful resources and materials available
- An introduction to meditation practice and its benefits
- How a Mindful approach can improve behaviour and increase the capacity to learn
- How to be a happy, stress free teacher (it is possible!)
This workshop will be a balance of theory and practical, hands on games and activities to demonstrate the many ways a Mindful approach can support learning and promote emotional self-regulation in the primary phase.