Ladywood Teaching School are delighted to offer the Bolton NQT Primary Programme for 2019/20, in partnership with Bolton Council. This programme builds on past feedback and in particular the revisions that were made this academic year. The basis of the programme continues to be self-selected workshops focused on the Teachers Standards 2012 so that the programme remains individualised.
The Programme comprises of:
NQT Day 1: Welcome Event Thursday 17th October 2019 (Whole Day) at the Last Drop Village Hotel.
This day will consist of:
- Welcome to Bolton Speech
- Assessment for Learning and Creating the classroom climate.
- Networking opportunities with NQTs
- A snap shot of some of the Services available within Bolton, and a chance to speak with Unions
- Key note speaker – The Sumo Guy.
This will then be followed by 2 whole day events based around the needs of the NQTs, including both whole group inputs and self-selected workshops and a final day in preparation for their RQT year where they will receive their certificate of completion.
The following subjects will be covered within the course along with additional elements determined by the NQT’s throughout the year:
- Managing pupil behaviour
- Differentiation for the more able
- Supporting pupils with EAL/ASD/SPLD
- Becoming a Teacher of SEND
- Vocabulary across the curriculum
- Computing in the classroom
- Effective Learning in EYFS
- Growth Mindset
- Mastery of Maths
- Co-operative Learning
NQT Day 2: Friday 31st January 2020 (Whole Day) at BSTC
NQT Day 3: Friday 20th March 2020 (Whole Day) at BSTC
NQT Day 4: Road to becoming an RQT – Date and venue TBC